Top 6 Movies in 2023
Many movies have been released in 2023. Here's the list of top 6 movies in 2023. Here we highlighted six upcoming movies in 2023 that are must-watch films for movie lovers.
- Saint Omer: This France-produced drama tells a story about race, class, and motherhood. It is based on the true story of a young Senegalese woman in France charged with abandoning her baby on a beach to die. The movie follows the trial and invents a character named Rama, a pregnant novelist who goes to the town of Saint Omer to witness the trial, which plays into her own doubts and fears. Saint Omer was France's entry to the 2022 Oscars and stars Guslagie Malanda and Kayije Kagame.
Top 6 Movies in 2023
2. Close: Lucas Dhont's movie Close is a coming-of-age drama about two 13-year-old boys, Léo and Rémi, who enjoy an intimate friendship in bucolic Belgium. But when they enrol in a new school, peer pressure stretches their relationship to breaking point. The film captures the pains of being a teenager, and the boys' classmates' casual questions are enough to change them forever. Close stars Eden Dambrine and Gustav de Waele.
3. John Wick: Chapter 4: The fourth installment of the John Wick franchise stars Keanu Reeves as the assassin we root for. Wick is on the run with a multi-million-dollar price on his head, and he channels his inner James Bond, globe-trotting through Paris, Berlin, and Osaka, trying to avoid being killed. John Wick: Chapter 4 is the best mainstream, commercial film of 2023 so far, and director Chad Stahelski makes it every bit as visually stunning and entertaining as its predecessors.
4. Holy Spider Ali Abbasi's: Holy Spider is a grisly movie based on the true story of a married builder (Mehdi Bajestani) who murdered 16 sex workers in Iran's holy city of Mashhad in 2000 and 2001. The movie stars Zar Amir Ebrahimi as the determined journalist investigating the crimes. The provocative twist is that some citizens and politicians see the murderer as a local hero on a moral crusade. Behind the generic thrills, Holy Spider is an examination of society-wide misogyny.
5. The Worst Ones: The Worst Ones is a French movie about children and adolescents in a run-down neighbourhood in northern France. The directors Lise Akoka and Romane Gueret employed non-professional actors who play fictional variations of their own stories on screen. The movie deals with the callous, middle-aged man directing them and becomes a thoughtful look at the exploitation and voyeurism of filming real lives. The Worst Ones won the top prize in the Un Certain Regard section at Cannes in 2022.
6. EO EO: is a Polish movie that tells the story of a donkey that trots across Europe, through a series of different episodes in different genres, as if he is guest-starring in a variety of other films. The movie was inspired by Robert Bresson's Au Hasard Balthazar, and it unites its picaresque adventures with its anguish at man's inhumanity to man (and man's inhumanity to donkey), and its startlingly psychedelic camerawork, editing, and music.
In conclusion, these six movies are a mix of genres, and each movie offers a unique story and perspective. They showcase the diversity and quality of movies in 2023 and are must-watch films for movie lovers.